Education [Early Childhood Centres] Regulations 2008: Subpart 2 43 1a (iv) (v) (vi), 43 1b, 47 1b (i), 47 1e
Rationale: Early Childhood on Stafford will develop and nurture a partnership with Māori as tangata whenua as per our commitment under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and our Centre’s Philosophy.
We will achieve this by:
- Consulting with Te Runaka o Ngai/Kai Tahu and/or Māori Whanau
- Developing a relationship with a local Kaumatua and/or whānau to support our centre
- Ensuring that the Curriculum is reflective of Te Reo me Tikanga Māori
- use language/protocols/kawa of Māori children and their parents in the centre’s greetings/farewells and daily routines
- There will be accessibility to copies of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Teachers will be conversant with Te Tiriti o Waitangi and will demonstrate a commitment to its principles.
- Policy and centre operations should reflect our commitment to achieving the three Principles of Participation, Partnership and Protection of all things Māori as outlined in Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Refer: Early Childhood On Stafford Philosophy Statement, Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Adopted: June 2016
Review Date: July 2018